Front Office Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced Developer to help design, develop, test and maintain all aspects of our trading system. The successful candidate will work within our innovative, progressive and agile team of Java and Scala specialists, building and maintaining a high performance, high availability, distributed, service oriented, futures and options trading system which runs on Linux hosts in our London and Hong Kong data centres and within the Microsoft Azure cloud.
Our system is a direct revenue generator, enabling the primary broking and trading activities of the company, with users all over the world.
Our ever-growing tool kit includes Linux workstations, NetBeans, IntelliJ, Maven, SBT, Ant, Mercurial, GitHub and Jenkins Pipeline CI plus tools and environments for mobile app development with React Native on Apple and Android devices. We are constantly making technical and business enhancements to the system including migration into the Azure cloud and increased mobile trading capability.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years successful industry experience developing with recent Java SE and Scala versions on Linux with their contemporary development tools and environments.
- Application development, deployment and support with Docker and Kubernetes in a DevOps environment.
- Proven Cloud experience, preferably with Microsoft Azure.
- Maven, SBT and Ant build tools.
- Linux (bash) shell scripting.
- Practical database skills with SQL and document databases (e.g. SQL Server, MongoDB).
- Must be both a strong team worker and a self-starter and have good interpersonal skills – respectful, eager to teach, learn and share.
- Attention to detail and appreciation of quality.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps build and deployment pipelines.
- Client and Server side socket programming with TCP, UDP and libraries such as Netty.
- Mercurial, GitHub, Jenkins, IntelliJ, NetBeans IDE and RCP, Visual Studio Code.
- Exchange API Protocols, FIX.
- Previous experience in a financial trading environment, especially futures and options.
All SFL employees are expected to work to high standards of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Apply for this role
Interview and recruitment timeline
Whether you've already applied or you're just thinking about it, you'll find plenty of information on the application process and how long it takes here.