Built on relationships and innovation
We have built our business by establishing long-term relationships with our clients, through flexibility, sound management and diligent attention to detail. Our approach to innovation is open-minded and progressive, seeking solutions that deliver optimum results for our clients. We offer adaptable multiple trading and technology solutions – underpinned by our own post-trade and non-bank clearing capabilities.
We have a track record of over 45 years in financial markets. Since our foundation in 1973, we have been supported by our parent, Sucden, one of the world’s leading trading groups, while remaining fully independent in our day-to-day trading operations.
- Sucden Group founded
- Sucden Financial begins life as the brokerage arm of Sucden with six members of staff
- Sucden Financial expands its trading operations to include coffee and cocoa
- Energy trading is introduced and Sucden Financial becomes a founding member of the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE)
- Sucden Financial becomes a founding member of the London International Financial Futures Exchange (LIFFE)
- FX trading established
- Sucden Financial becomes a ring dealing member of the London Metal Exchange (LME)
- In-house etrading solution launched
- Moscow office established
- Hong Kong office established later to become a subsidiary (Sucden Financial (HK) Limited)
- Sucden Financial celebrates 40th anniversary
- New York subsidiary established (Sucden Futures Inc.)
Committed to our people
Our culture is focused on responsibility, and encourages our people to take ownership of results. We are committed to investing in their development and progression, fostering the open minded, grounded and motivated workforce which drives our business.
Above all, we take a meticulous approach to integrity and accountability throughout our business practices, adhering to all regulations and generating trust in all we do.